 Storage / 680
RE: How do you sort your legos?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 09:36:20 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Mark Papenfuss writes:
Ok, Here is my problem - Do I sort by color or by peice?

I used to sort by color.  But it was really hard to find pieces, especially
the very little ones.  When my collection got to about 30-35K pieces, I got
sick of having to dump all the pieces on the floor in order to find the part
I was looking for, so I switched to sorting by piece.  Sorting was a real
pain...I'd say it took at least two weeks, sorting at least a couple hours
every day.  But it was worth it, especially now that I bought good stackable
containers for all my parts.  My collection is now organized enough that I
can build in my dorm room with a 40K collection without making a huge mess.
If I were you, I'd sort by piece.  That way, you won't have to deal with
switching later.
Dreading (or hoping for) the day when I have to sort by piece and color [1],
--Bram

1) Well, actually, in order to fit all my 1x>4 plates into the containers, I
separated gray, black, and white from the colored plates...so it has already
started....

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/