 Storage / 371
  "Fixing" movable dividers in Plano boxes

Has anyone glued the dividers in place on their Plano boxes? I've got about a dozen or so of the 3700 series boxes and many of them are divided into as many sections as possible and I don't see changing them. Many times when I go to get a bunch of a (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage)

  RE: "Fixing" movable dividers in Plano boxes

(...) I've thought about this too. I wonder if thermally (or mechanically) deforming the divider would work. If you "flattened" the triangle profile in a few spots around the outside, it would probably fit tighter. The other fairly easy method would (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: "Fixing" movable dividers in Plano boxes

(...) This is one reason I stopped buying the Plano boxes, and instead buy my boxes from Target. I forget who makes the ones they sell, but the dividers stay in a LOT better (sometimes too well, I've had to struggle occaisionally to get a divider (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: "Fixing" movable dividers in Plano boxes

For now, I'm using a pair of tweezers to lift smaller bits out of smaller bins. I haven't yet got around to doing an experiment using Shoe Goo as an adhesive. I intend to try it on the Plano plastic, and on a Lego brick, so I'll know whether or not (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: "Fixing" movable dividers in Plano boxes

Hot glue is brill... NICE idea Ralph! It would be more of a mechanical connection, though,as the glue does not bond to plastic (unless you get a special kind, I don't think). My suggestion, along the same "mechanical" lines, would be Elmers(tm) (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: "Fixing" movable dividers in Plano boxes

I've completed my experiments with Goop. It's an adhesive that comes in many different iterations (I've used the "shoe" and "automotive" varieties and they both seemed like the same... er... goop) and claims itself to be "stronger than glue!" if you (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: "Fixing" movable dividers in Plano boxes

Is that Goop anything like that Walther's Goo the Americal Model Railroad hobbyists use to stick practically anything to anything else with the exception of styrene foam, because that gets melted by Goo? I've got some magazines and they seem to (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: "Fixing" movable dividers in Plano boxes

Don't glue it, bite it . . . with scissors. Cut the edge of the divider to make barbs. Problem: Loose divider between bins slips and the contents of adjacent bins merge. Acceptance Test: The divider remains seated when sweaty fingers move up one (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.storage)