 Storage / 372
RE: "Fixing" movable dividers in Plano boxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:55:15 GMT

Has anyone glued the dividers in place on their Plano boxes?  I've got about
a dozen or so of the 3700 series boxes and many of them are divided into as
many sections as possible and I don't see changing them.  Many times when I
go to get a bunch of a specific part I end up pulling out one of the
dividers.  Having to re-sort two bins to straighten things back out is, to
say the least, a hassle.  Frustrating, distracting and train-of-thought
breaking all come to mind.

I don't want to use the wrong type of glue on them and cause the containers
(or the LEGO to be stored in them) any harm.

I don't mind if it's permanent or semi-permanent.  Would rubber cement work
and still allow the pieces to be (forcefully) removed later?  Or would
typical plastic glue be best (with plenty of time for drying)?  Or would
fumes from the glue bother the LEGO ABS?

I've thought about this too. I wonder if thermally (or mechanically) deforming
the divider would work. If you "flattened" the triangle profile in a few
spots around the outside, it would probably fit tighter.

The other fairly easy method would be hot melt glue. A small dab of this applied
to the edge as it was inserted would smear about and make the fit tighter as well.

Let me know if this works out...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>