 Storage / 37
Re: Storing the goodies.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 20:28:49 GMT

I use the following:

* Large rubbermaid stackable drawers for the big stuff
   - all of my basic bricks are in one
   - another serves as my unsorted container
   - the other two hold several compartment containers described below

* Shoe box size containers, containing the following:
   - small plates
   - large plates
   - minifigs
   - sloped bricks
   - shaped plates (wings, etc.)
   - trees (yes I have that many trees)
   - BURPs, walls, ladders, etc.
   - Windows, canopies, small and large window pieces, etc.
   - Technic pieces (they will probably move to compartment containers
now that I'm buying more for Mindstorms)

* Many compartment containers, both fixed size and variable sized, that
hold all of the smaller specialized pieces.

I store my collapsed boxes, instruction manuals, catalogs, and mania
magazines in a large rubbermaid stackable container.  On top of it is a
box with unopened sets, base plates, and boxes that can't be collapsed.

On top of a small bookshelf I have a 3 shelf stand where I keep all of
my own creations and built sets displayed.

The only problem I've experiences with this setup is inconvenience: any
time I want to build something I have to remove all of the compartment
containers and lay them out on the floor for easy access.  I'm about to
begin house searching so hopefully I won't have to put up with the space
crunch of my apartment for much longer.