 Storage / 224
  Lego Technic suitcase

I need to store a bunch of technic pieces. What's wrong with the Lego Technic suitcase? (I haven't any) - Price? - Shape? - Functionality? Thanks for your opinion. Mario (25 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.storage)

  RE: Lego Technic suitcase

(...) Mario, You've got me on a pet subject, so I'll jump in. The Technic suitcase is a marvel of useless engineering. The dividers are flimsy, the trays don't stay in one place, and if you drop the case, you'll have to sort out the parts again - (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Lego Technic suitcase

(...) (URL) actually. (Just in case you were wondering) (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Lego Technic suitcase

Check out the StowAway line of boxes from Plano. After reading the discussion on this list (thanks to whoever first recommended them!!), I went out and bought a dozen from my local WalMart. If you can't locate the website, try e-mailing the company (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Lego Technic suitcase

I have both the 3600 and 3700 series. Does anyone have a link where I could buy these boxes on-line? I'm really interested in the StowAway organizer that they sell to organize the organizers. (That senetence just SOUNDS ridiculous) (...) <SNIP> (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.storage)

  RE: Lego Technic suitcase

(...) Ummm, Duane You can actually venture out to Walmart or KMart, or your local tackle shop and buy these things..... Unless you live REALLY far from one of these places... and who does anymore...SIGH By the way, unless you only have a few of the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Lego Technic suitcase

(...) Actually, I have about a dozen of the 3600 series and only a couple of the 3700 series. Most of my sorted stuff resides in a half dozen Popular Mechanics storage bins (either 18 or 23 compartment). They are similar to the Akro-Mils brand only (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Lego Technic suitcase

Many thanks to all of you for your help and for keeping me off a bad purchase. I'll definitely look for PLANO boxes. Mario (25 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Lego Technic suitcase

I've always dreamed of making a 'true' Lego workdesk, all organized w/pull out drawers by color and shape. (also a shameless plug for my new web site, see below. update coming this weekend) -- Everything else is just a toy... (URL) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.storage)