 Storage / 230
Re: Lego Technic suitcase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 21:54:43 GMT

Ralph Hempel writes:

Ummm, Duane

You can actually venture out to Walmart or KMart, or your
local tackle shop and buy these things.....

Unless you live REALLY far from one of these places...
and who does anymore...SIGH

By the way, unless you only have a few of the 3700 boxes
the organizers for your organizers will start looking disorganized.

I found out they fit pretty well inside those cardboard file cases,
but sometimes I wish I had bought one of those shoulder bag units
for my three must - have boxes. There are two for my entire
Mindstorms set, and one for my 8062 Universal set.

Anyways, eventually you'll stop sorting your LEGO and start building,
it's part of the 12 step process...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

Actually, I have about a dozen of the 3600 series and only a couple of the
3700 series. Most of my sorted stuff resides in a half dozen Popular
Mechanics storage bins (either 18 or 23 compartment). They are similar to
the Akro-Mils brand only cheaper.

See:
http://www.akro-mils.com/d-cab.htm

I haven't been able to find any of the ones I want at the local Wally World,
so I have ventured into the world of online shopping to try to find them.

I'm an organizational freak, but it does help when building. I want the
StowAway organizers to mount to the desk I'm building. I figure that since
they are wall mountable, they will mount to the hutch pretty easily. The
whole thing is turning into one great big LEGO workcenter. So far I have LOTS
of building surface to work with and all of the organizers that I have now
fit pretty nicely with room for expansion. The hutch holds the instructions
and catalogs (all in 3-ring binders and protective sleeves) as well as
printed instructions for all of the models I've been creating in the last
several monthes (also in protective sleeves). The top of the hutch holds my
LEGO buckets. I have task lighting on the underside of the hutch. Later I
plan on including a keyboard tray and monitor arm for the computer. (I'm
working on a full electronic instruction database for my own models) There
is pleny of room underneath to fit the unsorted tubs along with a storage
cart (the kind from Rubbermaid). Supplement all of that with some peg board
and you have someone with a certifiable problem.

I have all of my pieces sorted according to shape, but am trying to follow
along the lines of how the L-Draw part library is structured. I'll be happy
to post the plans as soon as I finish intigrating the computer. The cost
(minus the computer) is about $300 USD.

Duane