 Storage / 1434
Re: downsizing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 02:20:20 GMT

I think the idea is make a "working set" depending on what you like. Some
sorted, some not.

I keep a good amount of sorted Lego in 3 39-drawer cabinets. In these I am able
to store a limited amount of plates and small parts of all colors. Most of the
time this is what I build with, along with some ziploc bags of bricks fetched
out of storage (or under the table!) The cabinets I like are Emplast and I buy
them at Mill's Fleet Farm.

One unit is divided into 3 columns of plates: red, blue, and everything else.
The second is equal proportions of black/grey/white. Each "color" gets 2x6
little drawers in a column, good for 12 kinds of plates, and 1 big one
underneath for the longer plates. Really big stuff gets stored in one fat bottom
drawer. This drawer is where your car bases and spare Cornelius Cats go. (: The
third unit is 60 drawers for many kinds of small parts like tiles and hinges and
some slopes.

Generally I can plan which bulk bags I want to take out of storage.

I added 3 more "expansion" cabinets on top with bigger drawers to start
organizing slopes and overflow plates but those might as well be off in my
long-term storage area.

One giant "slurry" clear tub of all kinds of parts comes in handy. I make sure
to feed it occasionally to keep it fresh.

-Erik