 Storage / 1435
Re: What's the difference between the Plano 3700 and 3770?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:23:29 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Joel Hoornbeek wrote:
The subject pretty much says it all.  My local Wal-mart carries the 3770 for
around $4.50, and a Sportsman's Warehouse in the next town has the 3700's for
$3.29.  What are the differences, and is it worth it driving a half-hour each
way for the extra dollar off per box?
Thanks!

-Joel

The 3770 had almost twice as many positions for the dividers so you can better
tailor the size of the compartments.  The 3770 also supports "angled" dividers
(intended to fishing tackle with big "lips"/"spoons" on the front).
It should be noted that I have examples of 3700 with different numbers of
divider slots.
I personally prefer the boxes (Flambeau also makes one) with a larger number of
smaller compartments when sorting parts by both color and type or when I don't
have a large number of a single type of piece.  For example: minifig hair and
hats or "rare" pieces.  I also like the additional flexibility the larger number
of compartment sizes when storing Technic axles and gears.

Lowes stores (at least around Houston, TX) also carry the 3700 for around $3.50
- $4.00.

In short, the money and driving will depend on how you sort/store your parts.

Matt