 Storage / 1409
Re: Storing Minifig Torsos and Heads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:38:06 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Thomas Garrison wrote:
I did find, though, that they wanted to spontaneously pop out (I guess
most coins aren't 1 stud thick

Huh.  Having not actually tried this, I was not expecting that result at all,
but it does make sense (not that there's any point arguing with practical
experience).

so I stapled each flap after insertion.  Given the infrequency with which I
access each torso, the ease of removing and replacing staples, and the cost
per page, staples are just fine.

Another posibility might be to fill a page with some unpopular torsos (just in
case this might damage them) and hit the top edge of each pocket with a shot of
hot air from a blowdryer.  It's not shrinkwrap, so there's no guarantee that
this will work, but you might be able to get the pockets to reform to the shape
of a minifig torso so they won't spit them back out.

Or, if you feel like getting really weird, you could use a small hole-punch to
put a hole towards the top of each pocket, and see if you can get the neck post
to catch in the hole.  That method might end up ripping out the top of the hole,
though, at which point you'd have to go for the staples.

It makes sense, but I'll have to think about implementation; since the
faces of the heads protrude beyond the bricks, there is a danger of wear
to the patterns.

Bag 'em.  Once you've got them all stacked up how you like them, put them in
small Ziploc bags.