 Storage / 1407
Re: Storing Minifig Torsos and Heads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:21:23 GMT

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Tim Courtney wrote:

In lugnet.storage, Thomas Garrison wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for storing low-repetition minifig torsos
(and heads)?

I use these for small parts, and I think they would work just as well for your
application:

http://www.planomolding.com/2-3700-80.htm

The 3700s are the units in the lower part of the (excellent) Plano 1234,
right?  I do use similar boxes (although I'm a Shimano man, myself) for
torsos of which I only have 5--10 (Dragon Masters, etc.), but when you
only have one or two of each type I think that most tackle boxes are too
deep---half the torsos will invariably flip over during normal handling,
so you can't see them.  Cost might also be a factor---a tackle box in this
range typically goes for $3--$4 for around 18 usable compartments.

What would be ideal would be a tackle box with compartments with just the
dimensions horizontally for a toros (with arms) and a depth of 2 1/2 studs
(so you can fit two torsos in, but one torso can't flip over).

Thanks,
--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/