 Storage / 1346
  Re: NELUG's Trailer to Store and Transport our Club Brick

(...) One suggestion: Get more straps to prevent stuff from sliding sideways off the shelving units! Looking at '25loaded.jpg', I see a box sitting on top of the tables on the left side, and several modules just sitting on the shelves on the right. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.storage, FTX)

  Re: NELUG's Trailer to Store and Transport our Club Brick

(...) We have more straps, but we didn't have enough E-Track clips to tie them down to. We found out (two weeks too late!) that one of our members works at Cap World, so he's getting more clips. The big problem is all the models. We have several (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.storage, FTX)

  Re: NELUG's Trailer to Store and Transport our Club Brick

(...) Boxes have the additional benefit of if pieces do fall off a model, they'll end up in the box (hopefully!). Makes it much easier to rebuild/repair the model if all the pieces are in one place. The GMLTC uses a bunch of Lego cardboard boxes (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.storage, FTX)

  RE: NELUG's Trailer to Store and Transport our Club Brick

(...) I've got two words for you: expanding foam. Make sure you get low expandsion foam so that it doesn't blow the models up! Cover the models in Saram Wrap and then spray the foam on in THIN layers. You'll get a nice form-fitting pillow for the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: NELUG's Trailer to Store and Transport our Club Brick

(...) Or get big magnetic signs and only put them on when you need too. Russell BayLTC (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: NELUG's Trailer to Store and Transport our Club Brick

(...) I'm guessing the sides are aluminum so magnetic signs are not going to work. jt (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: NELUG's Trailer to Store and Transport our Club Brick

(...) They will if you use enough duct tape. :-) Jude (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: NELUG's Trailer to Store and Transport our Club Brick

(...) Excellent idea! I've seen this technique used for packing computer equipment. (...) Good point. Maybe we should paint it to say "The New England Brussel Sprout Lovers' Association" or something less inviting. Then we wouldn't even have to lock (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: NELUG's Trailer to Store and Transport our Club Brick

(...) Or possibly fiberglass (...) If the interior bracing or supports are steel, or if steel were put in, or if the shelving rails are steel it might work though (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: NELUG's Trailer to Store and Transport our Club Brick

(...) I believe the outside wall and support structure is aluminum and the inside walls are plywood. There are a few fiberglas body parts at the corners. (Hmm... do magnets stick to plywood?) My money's on the duct tape. Half of me says painting the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.storage)