 Storage / 1294
Re: Pile Proponents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:01:05 GMT

As a kid I developed the habit of searching through a mound of bricks,
sometimes for what seemed like hours, for a single part or the "other one of
these" I was certain I had. While scouring the pile for that one piece, I
found other parts that generated creativity, which were set aside. I was
happening upon pieces I had forgotten about or otherwise wouldn't have
thought to use.

I constantly go over all of my part bins checking what I got and keeping a
fresh mental picture of every part. It helps alot when trying to solve problems
etc..

The Seed part thingie over at .space is an OnLine example of this, check it out:
http://news.lugnet.com/space/seed

You can easily do this IRL too, grab a random part bin, pick up an interesting
piece and try to see what it can be turned into and build away. It's one of the
most enjoyable building forms IMHO. Letting the parts decide what they should
be tunred into instead of trying to force the parts into pre-determined shapes.

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)