 Storage / 1271
    Pile Proponents —Philip Painter
   I've noticed both storage and sorting are popular here—and with some collections upwards 100k, I can understand. Sorting seems almost a sub-hobby of a hobby. But I have to ask, is there anyone who does not sort? Even a larger collection? I have a (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: Pile Proponents —Matthias Jetleb
     (...) There is some wisdom to this. I can see it. I too used to derive quite a bit of inspiration from "random finds" while sifting through piles of pieces in search of something else. I find though, that larger projects, and particularly robots, (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.storage)

        The opposite works for me —David Simmons
     After purchasing LOTS of Iris drawer units and sorting my collection, I can't imagine going back to the Rubbermaid tubs and ziploc bags I had before. It took almost a half an hour to haul out the tubs, open them all up and arrange them in such a way (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: The opposite works for me —Jude Beaudin
     (...) I have begun going the same way. I have been buying up Plano boxes and sorting my sorted ziplock bags into them. So far I have about a third of my collection moved to this solution (it is not cheap but I think it is worth it) and I find it a (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: Pile Proponents —Tobbe Arnesson
   (...) I constantly go over all of my part bins checking what I got and keeping a fresh mental picture of every part. It helps alot when trying to solve problems etc.. The Seed part thingie over at .space is an OnLine example of this, check it out: (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.storage)