 Storage / 1213
  Silly storage question

Hi everyone, I was sorting my pieces and wanted to store away 1x2 and 1x4 log bricks; I don't have to many of them, but I find them very useful so I wanted to give them their own little storage cabinet plastic drawer. I noticed I had 'a bit too (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Silly storage question

(...) Yes, it is. There are conflicting opinions about this. I have heard that keeping things together means the bricks deform slightly and get looser. I have some 1x2s I put together in 1998 to store them that I just took apart and some of them do (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Silly storage question

(...) I tend to fall into the "better safe than sorry" camp. That is, I personally like to keep most of my bricks apart. Though I must admit that I have a couple things that have been together for the better part of a year now. However, the vast (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Silly storage question

(...) Indeed it is. This overall theme of how to store things is a perennial question, and I suspect that there are those that tire of it, but I for one always enjoy hearing different perspectives on it. Don't worry that you're obsessing over (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Silly storage question

(...) I have never heard such claims as this before but I find it perfectly ridiculous. Why be worried about something that may never happen and will likely not matter if it does happen? Store your parts whatever way works for you based on how you (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Silly storage question

(...) Well, I went back last nite and dug in my 1x2 bin to the very bottom where I had the last few stacks of 1x2s that I put together in 1998. I took some apart. Much to my dismay, some of them have cracks! Not just stretching but actual cracks on (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Silly storage question

First off Larry "Just say no to crack", secondly I am also of the school of thought that says store your bricks unattatched. I have found that standard bricks actually will stack very nicely, even unattatched if they are bound in a tight spot. I (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)