 Storage / 1186
Re: My collection and storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:38:42 GMT

This stuff is great...it's like the tabloids of LUGnet...a peak into to the
LegoLives of others!

Last year I had sorted my collection into something similar to the Akro-mils
units.  I found however that it might need changing....I never seem to
return the parts to the drawers afterwards and often find whooshing the bins
faster than playing Concentration with the drawers.  There must be a happy
medium...such is the idea behind the Lego Caddy I'm endevouring to build
(detailed in an earlier post http://news.lugnet.com/storage/?n=1169).

Drawers that swing open to surround the builder with interchangeable bin
liners that can be dropped in depending on the project.  These bins are
stored in a secondary unit.  For the specialized elements, 2 Akro-mils units
will attach to the back for easy access.  With swing up leafs, I'm hoping to
move up from the floor for good.  Progress pictures as they become available.

Cheers,
-G

PS.  The 'cute little collections'.....like many things in life, it's not
the size - it's what you do with it :>)

In lugnet.storage, Jon Palmer writes:
I've taken pictures of almost every part in my collection.  This does not
include my big container with instructions and baseplates, the small amount
of new unsorted LEGO I have, my Bricklink store, my Tantive IV and Black
Seas Barracuda and the parts taken up by several MOCs (Alphabet ships, some
small stuff, Starbug 1, my moonbase module - although you can see the module
in one of the pics).

(snippped buncha good stuff)

Hope this is useful for somebody.  I know I love seeing how others sort.

-Jon