 Storage / 1173
Re: My collection and storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 01:05:50 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Jon Palmer writes:
I've taken pictures of almost every part in my collection.  This does not
include my big container with instructions and baseplates, the small amount
of new unsorted LEGO I have, my Bricklink store, my Tantive IV and Black
Seas Barracuda and the parts taken up by several MOCs (Alphabet ships, some
small stuff, Starbug 1, my moonbase module - although you can see the module
in one of the pics).

<Snip description of collection>

-Jon
--
| The Shipyard - http://zemi.net/shipyard
| My Lego Creations - http://zemi.net/lego

Thanks, Jon!  I was wondering how people did it.  I've recently started
organizing my (rather small) collection.

I use these big, black storage cabinets.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/MyCollection/dsc02003.jpg

I also use these:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/MyCollection/dsc02006.jpg

and these:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/MyCollection/dsc02010.jpg

And the not-needed parts go here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/MyCollection/dsc02020.jpg

I tend to dump a lot of my pieces on the floor and just begin building.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/MyCollection/dsc02027.jpg
this is incredibly sloppy, but I like it.  How do you guys do it?  Do you
just open and close drawers and pick out of boxes?

And one last thing:
How did you start organizing?  Did you just spend a week doing nothing else?
In small steps?  Just the pieces you need?

Thanks!

-JHK