 Storage / *75 (-20)
  Re: Have LEGO, will travel

(...) A note, the ">" are inserted by the posting software to show what was quoted. This is done by most software out there, including most newsreaders likely to be used (for example, Netscape, which I use on RTL), as well as by the web posting (...) (26 years ago, 20-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Have LEGO, will travel

(...) there (...) intended in a light hearted manner. Good point, one I have used myself after many a trip to the book store. (...) Should we have moved to an off-topic page? Make it a good day. Louise ======== Posted via the LUGNET discussion group (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Have LEGO, will travel

(...) I guess it's just a matter of obsession, but not letting it stand in the way of putting food on the table. I work hard, and my employer values that and takes good care of me. Besides, I could be blowing the money in bars or other ways, what (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Have LEGO, will travel

(...) Would (...) pretty well, on their side in the original tray, which also keeps the pieces together while building. But I usually take a good mystery on a business trip, I cann't remember the last time I had time to read at home. For long trips (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: New Storage Container

QVC has them as well, if you go to qvc.com and do a search in the description field for "roly kit" they show up. They are about $16 to $40 depending on which one you get. I don't know if the 800# on the commercial has them any less expensive. We use (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Have LEGO, will travel

I have a PLANO mid height tackle box with the contents of an 8062 Technic Universal set. I supplied the inventory to Dave Baum and it should be in the LugNet inventory. This is a great set that lets you do useful building with a minimal parts count. (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Have LEGO, will travel

(...) suggested (...) plane (...) Yup, that's what I've been doing. And for what to bring on the drive out here to CO, I opened up two technic shuttles, a bigfoot, two robots, and some other sets, dumped all the parts bags into one big 66 quart bin, (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: How do you clean legos?

(...) Ok, I'll come clean on this one. When I needed clean LEGOS to build a candy dispenser (from the Klutz crazy LEGO Contraption book) I could not see putting time into scubbing those little babies. I just bought new ones. Now you know the truely (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Have LEGO, will travel

The topic of traveling with LEGOS came up on a previous thread, and I suggested strapping bins together. But I didn't realise Larry P. was talking about plane travel, not just across town. For plane travel I would go with the large zip-lock bags - (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Official LEGO Storage Ideas

Have any of your tried the Official LEGO Storage Ideas. I'm talking about the LEGO Storage Cabinets set number 759. This white cabinet had space for 4 slideable trays which were used to put in bricks in their own little sections. The trays were set (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: New Storage Container

Thomas Main wrote in message <3628B30F.BA5B0D1@ap...te.edu>... (...) I've checked out these containers. They have been available for years under a variety of trade names, and they almost universally suck. The problem is the same as with any opaque (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  New Storage Container

I was watching a movie on TV last night and saw a commercial for a new type of storage container. It was unique because it is a bunch of compartmentalized trays that "roll up" into a type of suitcase. Of course, my first thought was - that would be (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: in-box storage?

(...) It was a wise woman, and I have been saying it for years. I just never had group support before. Thank-you internet. Opps-I think I posted an empty reply just before this, sorry. I'll get used to navigating the net any day now. ======== Posted (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: in-box storage?

(...) legos."?) (...) My hat off to thee, milady! Please forgive an uncouth cad with not the wit to remove yon pedal appendage from his vocal orifice in a timely manner! As for myself, I don't like to carry any legos out of my house, because I am (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: in-box storage?

(...) have (...) I am not familiar with the suitcases you described. But when I need my Legos to travel I use the small storage bins which can be stacked. Each color to a bin. I can stack several on top of each other and strap them together with a (...) (26 years ago, 16-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: in-box storage?

(...) Wise indeed. My only problem is that I want all my blocks whereever I am. I need to come up with a travel kit that has a good assortment of parts for what I want to do, and stays organized easily (1). I have a number of the TLG suitcases, as (...) (26 years ago, 16-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: How do you clean legos?

  Re: Sorting/Storing Catalogs

Maybe it sounds harsh, but I prefer separating my catalogs and instructions page by page, then insert them into separate nylon protectors (A4 or A5 depending on the size) and store them in 3 cm binders (A4 or A5 depending on the size). The extras (...) (26 years ago, 16-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: How do you clean legos?

(...) What I have done in the past, with minimal "breakage", is to put the "construction" in the tub and let the luke warm water from the shower GENTLY flow over it. It does, however, take a lot longer to dry. And if you are storing it in the (...) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  storage/space to build

When my kids were small my husband got tired of stepping on LEGOS in the dark, claimed they hurt. (I always turn on a light, and avoid stepping on a cat, too.) He built them a 30 by 60 inch table with a laminated top and 1 inch quarter-round all (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact