 Storage / 57
56  |  58
Subject:
storage/space to build
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 23:20:01 GMT

When my kids were small my husband got tired of stepping on LEGOS in the dark,
claimed they hurt. (I always turn on a light, and avoid stepping on a cat,
too.)  He built them a 30 by 60 inch table with a laminated top and 1 inch
quarter-round all around the top edge.  This created a rim to keep the LEGOS on
the table.  It was also planned large enough to accomadate an assembled
monorail.  He enclosed 3 sides and added a shelf the lentgh of the table
underneath.  This holds large clear bins, each holding a color of standard
brick.  Special pieces each get a smaller bin based on theme.  Since he sided
it in oak it was good looking enough to occupy a spot in the family room.
     The table was based on a description of the expensive tables avilable for
day care centers.  And later they even showed up in McDonalds.
     Make it a good day.  Louise