 Star Wars / 9855
  Re: New TIEs

I was very impressed with the TIEs when I saw the post the other day (and I *really* liked the microscale sandcrawler), but I didn't see the X-Wing because I didn't browse back out to the rest of your brickshelf pics. The X-Wing is very nice as (...) (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

Thank you very much for your kind words! Both of you were right by the way: I used a 4x9 tapered wingplate for the lowerside of the nose(so no holes remain on the bottom of the nose) and I used 1x8 tiles on topof the tapered nose to get the nose (...) (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) That's what I already said (if you think your sentence makes no sense, mine is apparently not much better and quite easily misunderstood). I think I see where you thought I said it was a 4x9 plate, but if you look carefully: (...) ... (...) I (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) The star trek thing has een put on hold for a moment but I an tell you that it will be minifig scale and it will be pretty big. Greetz, Jay (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

What, the Enterprise?!? NCC-1701 would have to fill a decent sized room in order to be minifig scale. Egad! ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) I said BIG not enormous LOL Do you really want to know what it is? Greetz, Jay (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

I'm guessing the Defiant from DS9. It's a capital ship that might still be manageable at minifig scale. More so than the Big E or Voyager anyway. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) Actually it's a Danube Runabout from DS9 and it's minifigscale. It's still a big thing though. (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) I built a microfig scale Borg Cube... <G> (4 2x4 black bricks) Actually, another cool ship to build would be the Delta Flyer from Voyager. My biggest problem with Star Trek is there are no small one/two manned fighters. All of the crafts are (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) The reason the original Star Trek series didn't have small craft was that they didn't want to seem derivative of Star Wars. 8^) Dave! (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) Huh? The original Star Drek series in the 60's didn't want to seem derivative of a movie that came out in 1977? Weird. Maybe when fans of Roddenberry say he had a unique vision of the future, they mean it. eric (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) The ST universe has fighters, they just don't focus on them in the shows. If anyone recalls the Next Gen episode where Wesley (yeah I know, ugh) almost gets kicked out of Starfleet Academy for doing some risky stunt in a fighter/trainer. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) No, I think it comes down to the weapon sizes. Not many brigs were built, because a brig could not stand against anything larger (with more guns) than itself...therefore, the ships tended to be larger. I think the same ideas were used in Star (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) You know, you may be right... I forgot about that episode. I also seem to remember a couple of episodes of DS9 where the Maquis use some smaller ships... I wouldn't know if smaller ships can be found elsewhere in the ST universe however, as I (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) Exactly... The Maquis ship used in the series premiere of Voyager was a large fighter... nicley angled instead of rounded-over like all Federation ships... (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) I was hoping the 8^) would reveal the fact that I was kidding, but apparently it failed. Anyway, I can't talk to you now that I know you're part of that whole "Eric" conspiracy, if you even really exist... Dave! (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) But.... logic circuits... overloading... aigh! (...) Hmmm. You will be assimilated. eric (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) Ahhh... It is you that does not exist. Only the Eric's exist the rest of you are all just figments of our collective imaginations. Followups to off-topic.fun Eric Kingsley (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) How would the Enterprise do against a squadron of T.I.E. Intercepters? I posted a POV rendering I made four years ago: (URL) - I did not create the models - I forget who did. Bob (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) Very nice - but I think your question can be answered by pointing out that Ties don't have deflectors, let alone shields. Even the rebel ships only have deflectors, since it takes some seriously big kit to generate a Star Wars shield. Exactly (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

Just to get this thread back on topic again :) I've posted some more pics here: (URL) can see the rear of the ships now too Greetz, Jay (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

Once again, very nice, Jay. Too bad LEGO doesn't make that sweet blue-gray color. :^( ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) Jay: ditto (the rear of the Tie Advanced prototype is especially well done... TLG's is much too thick). Mark S.: not to get your hopes up, as I can't be sure since I haven't found any of the 2001 sets yet, but if you look at (URL) sure looks (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) I'm pretty sure that's the lavender color we've seen in Scala. I'm not sure how I would feel about a lavender TIE. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) Lavender eh? Nah, lavender TIES? What's next? A pink star destroyer? Ps. all the TIES can be built in the black/light grey combination but you can also paint your bricks if you like :) Greetz, Jay And thanks to all you people who liked my (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) Oooooo, a Spamcake Star Destroyer. There are possibilities.... (...) Ack! I don't think so. Minifig faces are about as far as I go with paint. (...) Hey, thanks. It's actually only about 2/3 scale. If I 'd built it to the scale of the drawing (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New TIEs

(...) Mark: nope, it's not. I ran out and bought a 7313 (what the heck, they're 20% off at Zellers, so it came out to just over $22 (about $15 $USD)) and the pieces are blue grey (very close to the shade Jay rendered his Ties in, but a little more (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)