 Star Wars / 9915
Re: New TIEs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 21:42:46 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:

I think any faction with many small fighters would have a tactical advantage
in the Star Trek universe.  That's one reason why I prefer Star Wars to
Trek... but I don't want to start a debate.  I like Trek, I just prefer SW.

The reason the original Star Trek series didn't have small craft was that
they didn't want to seem derivative of Star Wars.  8^)

Huh?

The original Star Drek series in the 60's didn't want to seem derivative of a
movie that came out in 1977?

Weird.  Maybe when fans of Roddenberry say he had a unique vision of the
future, they mean it.

eric