 Star Wars / 974
Re: What does everyone want to see in the next wave of Ep4,5,6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 23:07:53 GMT

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999 22:39:55 GMT, "Karim" <knassar@mindspring.com> wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Richard Dee writes:
Anyone have any info
or care to venture a guess?

Jason

Assuming that there will be 5 sets released next year......
1.Shuttle Tyderion
2.Millennium Falcon
3.AT-AT or AT-ST
4.Death Star Playset
5.Emperor's Throne Room (Loads and Loads of black and dark gray!)

Based on the current lineup, It looks like there is a particular focus on
vehicles/ships.  Given that, I'd expect more of the same.

However, also noticing that the current lineup already features sets from all
three "older" movies, and that the current marketing is all for sets based on
the "new" movie (Episode One), I'd hazard to speculate that there will be no
more official sets from the "old" series (4,5,6).

Yikes. Pretty harsh prognostication there, Karim.  There is a lot left to cover
from the original trilogy - that is, there are a lot of _profitable_ models for
TLG to sell.   I doubt if they will turn there backs on all of it.
Especially after the bean counters figure out how much the company is raking in
just from the first batch of sets.

However, if it comes to wishing, my pick would be something like:

A-Wing
B-Wing / TIE Interceptor Combo
Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber (Loads and loads of dark grey and orange!)
AT-AT or AT-ST
Slave 1 or Lamda Class Shuttle

Based on the new pieces that we've seen so far in the SW sets (Finally, a
rounded canopy!!!!! I've been waiting for that for years!), I can see very
elegant ways to build any of these... If I had enough pieces in the right
colors ;-)

A rounded canopy?  Don't toy with my emotions like that.  : - )

-- Terry K --