 Star Wars / 9646
    Re: next year —Adrick Tolliver
   (...) What were they? I read _Splinter_ not too long ago, and don't remember any thing that was directly contradicted. Adrick (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: next year —Jeromy Irvine
   It's been quite a while since I read the book, but I seem to remember Vader's arm being chopped off by Luke for one. That doesn't fit with ESB or ROTJ very well. That and the other interactions between Vader and Luke in the book wouldn't fit very (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: next year —Bryan Hodges
     (...) Yeah, and Luke and Leia start to fall in love and stuff like that... which doesn't work to well with the whole Leia-is-Lukes-sister thing... 'cept in Alabama... ;) (ugh, please don't flame me Alabamans... I didn't really mean it.) -Bryan (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: next year —Adrick Tolliver
   (...) Ok, let me clear this one up for you. In one of Tim Zahn's books, Luke finds out(from Mara Jade) that Vader's hand was cut off by Palpatine in punishment for his failure at the Death Star. That would have been before SOTME. In SOTME Vader's (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: next year —Jeromy Irvine
   "Adrick Tolliver" <tolliver@tstar.net> wrote in message news:G3HLJq.C97@lugnet.com... (...) OK. That makes sense. I'd forgotten about the punishment thing from the Zahn book. I suppose it could be made to fit in. (...) No definitive reason, I guess. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: next year —Bryan Hodges
   In lugnet.starwars, Jeromy Irvine writes: <SNIP> (...) R2D2 and C3PO are both very common style droids... C3PO may have been built by Anakin, but once he gets his coverings on he looks like any other protocol droid. R2 is just an astromech unit. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: next year —Adrick Tolliver
   (...) Safer? How? They are just droids, they can,t do anything to him. It was a backwater Imperial planet, no need to destroy equipment they can use and save the Empire a credit or two. They might have had useful information no the Rebels too. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)