 Star Wars / 8414
Re: Proposed Mini Alterations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 05:08:05 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote in message ...
In lugnet.starwars, Richard Marchetti writes:

<<snip>>

R2D2: quite good actually!

Really?  I've never like the R2D2 'fig much, especially the printing on his
dome.  And his feet are too big.

I wonder if there was ever a more-functional prototype of R2D2?  Something
with a third foot (probably removeable, not retractable) and a rotating • head.

I don't see why they didn't put one stud on the top of his body, so his head
COULD rotate, rather than the four studs/no rotation possible...

Could somebody let me know if any of these changes make sense or help the
appeal of the characters?

Some do.  Another change I'd've liked: generic smiley faces for Luke and • Leia.

What??? I've got too many of those, maybe having them grimacing in pain :-),
or laughing when they destroyed the TiE fighters in ANH...

Chris