 Star Wars / 8411
Re: Proposed Mini Alterations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 20:07:31 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Richard Marchetti writes:

Leia: white dress element instead of white mini legs

It would have been nice if TLG had included both legs and dress for Leia.  But
considering the way they scraped bricks out of the MF design, throwing in an
extra dress-slope was probably out of the question.

I'm betting they went with legs (instead of dress) for playability.

Solo: white arms instead of beige, black legs instead of dark grey (?)

Umm, I think the arms are white, and the legs are black.

Chewie: An extra brown 1x2 brick between torso and legs for height

That'd be *too* much.  How about brown 1x1 plates on his feet?  Assuming those
pieces exist...

Luke: white legs instead of the ones provided

Huh?

C3PO: the Mad Hypnotist: hopeless... "Look into my eye...!"

lol.  His head should have been slightly larger (to be in tune with everyone
else's head), they shouldn't have used such bold printing on the torso
(because it contrasts badly with his unpainted face), and I would have been
happy if they chrome-plated him.

R2D2: quite good actually!

Really?  I've never like the R2D2 'fig much, especially the printing on his
dome.  And his feet are too big.

I wonder if there was ever a more-functional prototype of R2D2?  Something
with a third foot (probably removeable, not retractable) and a rotating head.

Could somebody let me know if any of these changes make sense or help the
appeal of the characters?

Some do.  Another change I'd've liked: generic smiley faces for Luke and Leia.

Steve