 Star Wars / 8056
Re: Episode 1 sets for 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 14:36:31 GMT

Aaron West wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Rex Young writes:
Hi everyone, I think their should be some cool episode 1 sets made in 2001.  I
think they should do a jedi council set, with all 12 jedi council members
sitting around in a little round room.  I also think they should make a couple
of the Neimoidians like the Viceroy and his sidekick...lol.  They should also
make a queen minifigure, and her handmadiens.  They should also make two
Droidekas (destroyer droids) that come in a pack together.  I would also like
to see Watto made into a minifig, and some sandpeople.  I also wanted some
Stormtroopers made for the trilogy, and a sandcrawler.  I think that the death
star sets would be very cool, when and if they made them...=o)

Let's assume that they make five to six new E1 sets for release in 2001.
Here's my list:
(1)  How about a Gian Speeder with Panaka and a few (2-3) Royal Security
figures?
(2)  Famba with Shield Generator and Catapult and a few (4-6) Gungan
Warriors?
(3)  Theed Palace exterior/interior with 4 Battle Droids, 2 Destroyer Droids,
Darth Maul (no hood),Flash Cannon , Queen (Naboo Battle), Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan
(w/hair!) and 2 Naboo Pilots.
(4)  Jedi Council (cool idea!) with 12 Jedi Council figures and Qui-Gon and
Anakin.
(5)  Queen addressing Senate with Royal Queen, Handmaiden, 2 Nemoidians,
Palpatine, Chancellor, 2 Senate Guards.
(6)  Watto's Shop with Anakin, Qui-Gon, Watto, Pit-Droid, C-3PO (naked!).

And just in time for the new figure collections!
(a)  Sith Pack:  Sideous, Darth Maul (why not!), and Hologram Sideous (trans-
blue!)
(b)  Jedi Pack:  Yoda, Mace Windu, and Padwan Anakin (hair!)
(c)  Trade Federation:  Nemodian, Destroyer Droid and TC-14!
(d)  Naboo Pack:  Queen (White Gown--end of movie), Handmaiden, Silo Bible!

You mean Sio Bibble. ;)

That is my complete wish list of "reasonable" sets from LEGO's Episode One
Star Wars Collection.  These aren't much for pure bricks, but for figures and
necessary play-acting environments.  What more could I want?  BRICKS!!!

P.S.  I know I'll never get a Queen's Starship, at least, not one to my
satisfaction!

Thoughts?
Aaron

--