 Star Wars / 8038
Re: Episode 1 sets for 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 03:15:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Rex Young writes:
Hi everyone, I think their should be some cool episode 1 sets made in 2001.  I
think they should do a jedi council set, with all 12 jedi council members
sitting around in a little round room.  I also think they should make a couple
of the Neimoidians like the Viceroy and his sidekick...lol.  They should also
make a queen minifigure, and her handmadiens.  They should also make two
Droidekas (destroyer droids) that come in a pack together.  I would also like
to see Watto made into a minifig, and some sandpeople.  I also wanted some
Stormtroopers made for the trilogy, and a sandcrawler.  I think that the death
star sets would be very cool, when and if they made them...=o)

Let's assume that they make five to six new E1 sets for release in 2001.
Here's my list:
(1)  How about a Gian Speeder with Panaka and a few (2-3) Royal Security
figures?
(2)  Famba with Shield Generator and Catapult and a few (4-6) Gungan
Warriors?
(3)  Theed Palace exterior/interior with 4 Battle Droids, 2 Destroyer Droids,
Darth Maul (no hood),Flash Cannon , Queen (Naboo Battle), Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan
(w/hair!) and 2 Naboo Pilots.
(4)  Jedi Council (cool idea!) with 12 Jedi Council figures and Qui-Gon and
Anakin.
(5)  Queen addressing Senate with Royal Queen, Handmaiden, 2 Nemoidians,
Palpatine, Chancellor, 2 Senate Guards.
(6)  Watto's Shop with Anakin, Qui-Gon, Watto, Pit-Droid, C-3PO (naked!).

And just in time for the new figure collections!
(a)  Sith Pack:  Sideous, Darth Maul (why not!), and Hologram Sideous (trans-
blue!)
(b)  Jedi Pack:  Yoda, Mace Windu, and Padwan Anakin (hair!)
(c)  Trade Federation:  Nemodian, Destroyer Droid and TC-14!
(d)  Naboo Pack:  Queen (White Gown--end of movie), Handmaiden, Silo Bible!

That is my complete wish list of "reasonable" sets from LEGO's Episode One
Star Wars Collection.  These aren't much for pure bricks, but for figures and
necessary play-acting environments.  What more could I want?  BRICKS!!!

P.S.  I know I'll never get a Queen's Starship, at least, not one to my
satisfaction!

Thoughts?
Aaron