 Star Wars / 7641
  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) I think the Luke/Han relationship is very important to ANH. It's my impression that Han didn't care about Luke until they got trapped in the cell block. Even then its a relationship of convienance since Luke was on Han's side and they were (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Well, it may be important/necessary, but I never felt it their relationship to be very well defined, expanded, or altogether interesting. There's nothing really intreguing about their friendship... But relationships like Vader/Luke, Leia/Han, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Er, I'll have to disagree wth you there. Han's opinion of Luke goes from "Watch your mouth, kid, or you're going to find yourself floating home" to "You're pretty good in a fight. We could use someone like you." He's offering to make Luke part (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

One of the SW novels I've read, I can't remember which one now, has Han looking back at that time, and he says that the only reason he had come back was because his hyperdrive didn't work, and couldn't leave. I thought that was interesting. Adam (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) That really takes away from some important aspects of the story - Han was nothing more than riff-raff at first, but he learned to believe in things greater than himself. A prominent theme in the SW saga is redemption. That novel sounds like (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

I thought it was a good book, if its the one I'm thinking of. I think it was Vector Prime by R. A. Salvatore. I wouldn't call it an 'uninspired hack job.' I agree that redemption is a big part of SW. George Lucas himself said that the Classic (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)