 Star Wars / 7557
  Re: TPM Rules

(...) <snip> (...) Well I actually agree with both of you in some places and disagree too. First I am just as big a Star Wars fan as anyone and they are my favorite movies. I still remember going to see the origional back in 77 when I was 8 and (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TPM Rules

Good post, Eric. I agree with almost everything you said. I think it's possible to over-analyze every movie. In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes: <snip> (...) slap him at (...) Heh, yeah... we laugh about the Toschi Station line all the time. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TPM Rules

(...) That's certainly true, but that's not what we're doing here--we're simply discussing what's readily apparent on the screen. It's not as though we're analyzing the significance of Darth Maul's clockwise versus counterclockwise spin during the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TPM Rules

(...) well, from what I understand the Falcon wasn't supposed to make it out at all.. see that cool web page about the MF which covers the scale problems, etc. Apparently test audiences didn't like seeing Lando and the MF blown up so they changed (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TPM Rules

Sure, but did you -really- expect to find a good plot, good acting, etc. etc. in TPM? The Star Wars movies have never been examples of excellence in "Film" but they sure are good "movies." It's brain candy. ~Mark (...) we're (...) counterclockwise (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TPM Rules

(...) That's a feeble, lazy excuse for them to make. I'm not looking for pioneering insights into the human condition; I'm hoping for a film that is an entertaining and well-executed story. Sure, George and Co. and can lapse into the primary cliche (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)