 Star Wars / 7542
  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) didn't (...) IV, (...) But, you must remember that the ONLY thing that holds water when it comes to the SW movies is the movies themselves. Books mean nothing, and nothing in them should be accepted as fact. -Chris (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) This anti-expanded universe attitude does not hold much water. Every book ever written in the Star Wars universe must first pass through several "continuity editors." These guys work directly for Lucasarts to ensure that no authorized (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

I think what he was trying to say, is that the official policy of Lucasfilm is that the movies are the only true Canon, and that if Lucas puts something into a SW movie, then that is the SW "truth" even if it contradicts something from a book. ~Mark (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Scott, I agree with you. I was just saying that George Lucas alone writes the SW movies, and the ONLY thing he absolutely has to adhere to is his own writings, the other movies. He can incorporate and twist ideas from numerous other sources, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Oh, I know. Likewise, I'll believe the Vader-in-the-volcano bit when I see it. For that matter, I've never read more than a few pages of any of the books, other than a few West End Games odds-n-ends. Still, it strikes me as hokey that Anakin (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

Are there any known contradictions in the SW universe between books and the movies or whatever other sources there are? Adam (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Well, apparently, the entire "Droids" cartoon series, which purports to take place before Episode IV. Episode I makes it a little impossible. It does have the first mention of Pod Racing, though. And, if memory serves, Malastare. eric (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Err. No? The only things that are canon (one N) besides the movies are the Heir to the Empire trilogy and Shadows of the Empire. eric (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Alright to put this whole thing to rest... If you lurk on alt.startrek.vs.starwars long enough you will be forced to learn this. Lucasfilm's offical order of canon (in the event of a contradiction the highest source takes priority) is as (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

What makes you think that? I don't think anyone could say that without knowing what happens in Episode III. Adam (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Droids claims to be the adventures of Threepio and Artoo well, well before Episode IV. The problem is that Episode I takes place too soon before Episode IV (Not to mention that we know a lot of time is skipped between I and II) to allow the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Well, what do you know! I first heard that Vader-in-the-lava story some time in 1980 and shortly after seeing Empire. It was apocryphal then, but... Dave! (19 years ago, 21-May-05, to lugnet.starwars)