 Star Wars / 7531
    Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Dave Johann
   (...) Very true. It is intended to show the fall of the Old Republic, the skillful connivings of a little known senator from Naboo, and how one boy can have such a dramatic effect on the fate of the universe. (...) Me, if it's one of the Kevin J. (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Adam Murtha
     What Kevin J. Anderson book are you talking about? Or are you talking about several or all of his books? I read a few of his thought they were pretty good. Adam (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Dave Johann
     (...) Specifically, I'm referring to Champions of the Force, Dave Apprentice, and Jedi Search. These books were...awful. Half of the force users were inept morons at the beginning of the book. By the end, they were doing things even Yoda wasn't (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Mike Petrucelli
   (...) a (...) What?! Anderson does a far more competent job than Zahn. I swear Zahn thought he was writing Trek novels. Lets see he describes Turbolasers as a beam (like phasers) in stead of bolts, he gave and X-wing a crappy sub-space antena (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Mark Sandlin
     (...) Zahn thought (...) beam (...) antena (...) have (...) really bad (...) Oh PL-EEEEEEASE. Kevin Anderson's Jedi Academy Trilogy was built-up and built-up... over the course of three books, and then they solve the whole thing by holding hands at (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

         SW Book Argument —Bryan Hodges
     I liked both trilogys. However, I came away from Zahn's trilogy with a better feeling than I did with Anderson's trilogy. I kind of felt like Anderson was trying to cash in on Zahn's success, but I still found the books to be quite good. I agree (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Selçuk Göre
    I never read any books from any of the two authors you are mentioning here, but here is a good reading, from one of the most "trusty" (IMHO of course) SW reference sites around the net: (URL) "Post ROTJ Apocrypha" Actually all of the site is full (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)