 Star Wars / 6699
Re: AAT just a phone call away...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 14:50:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.starwars, Michael Perri writes:

I called lego S@H today and they said that the MTT and the AAT are not
available yet.  I was told May to July.  I was completely heartbroken by that
news.  I don't know who you talked to but I got the complete run around.

I called yesterday again also, but the ladies who answer the phone on weekends
seem either not to know much, or don't care to dig too deep for customers.  The
lady I talked to basically said that on weekends, they just take new orders,
and then ONLY by set number.  So, for example, if I were to ask for a "Pod
Bucket," she would inquire what the set number was...and if I didn't know, she
would refer me to the Customer Service Department and basically hang up on me.

The other thing is that they'll just say "it's not available yet" and that's
the end of it.

Now, I called on a Friday night around 8:00 EST, and got a guy in his twenties
who literally sounded like he didn't have anything better to do, so got his
proverbial fingers dirty and looked up a few things for me, backordered some
stuff, etc., instead of just shooing me away to the CS Dept.  He had a very
cool "what the hell" attitude, and we gabbed for about ten minutes about Lego
in general.  I really wish I asked for his name.

The other interesting thing is that when I dialed the S@H 1-800#, he picked up
right away, instead of my having to push "1" a couple times to wind my way
through the usual automated line transfer of some sort.

So:  the bottom line is there's less traffic during the evenings during the
week, and cooler people answering the phones around then, too.  My only
suggestion is trying again tomorrow night, and hoping you get someone as nice
as I did...

Good luck!

Dave (jot and jab)
http://www.umop.com/lego.htm