 Star Wars / 6220
Re: YA Destroyer Droid not unfolding
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:10:52 GMT

To get mine to work I had to commit the ultimate sacriledge and modify a
lego part.

I filed the "edge" off the black "catch with cross hole"
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/connect/conn_7.html
that latches the back legs. this let is slip off and unfold easier. It was
the easiest thing to do without dismantling the whole model.

After a few judicious touches it unfolded much more often.

Trev.

Tim Rueger <rueger@io.com> wrote in message news:Fq3uL8.D05@lugnet.com...
Ok, add me to the list of Technic geeks who can't
get this thing to unfold.  I've made good use of the suggestions
in these threads:

http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=5488&t=i&v=a
http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=5351&t=i&v=a
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?n=2557&t=i&v=a
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?n=2473&t=i&v=a

to keep the head from coming off and getting the arms
to pop out sideways.

However, my droid's back leg still won't deploy without
manual intervention.  The central catch just won't
release when the front legs flip down.  I can see why
there is an erratum for the elastics on the front legs;
too weak, and the front legs won't flip down, but too strong
(as mine apparently are) and the momentum of the rotating
droid won't push down hard enough on the base to release
the back-leg catch.

Any further hints or tips?  If I can't get this guy
working, it'll be for sale shortly.

-Tim