 Star Wars / 6219
Re: CHEWIE & C-3PO REVEALED!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 03:37:16 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Johnston writes:

Female minifigs are taller than male ones.  I think it started back in the
Castle days when women were so rare that men would bring them gifts of good
food and meat to woo them...this better nutrition allowed them to grow taller,
and tall women were also seen as desirable*.  This led to a genetic trend that
obviously continues into the future.  (Er, except SW is in the past. Heck,
there goes my theory.)

Hehe!  ;]

Someone pointed out the computer display being that of the "trench" scene • from
ANH.  I don't remember there being any Tie Interceptors in there.  Well, • looky
that, there's my excuse to watch it again!

Well, the TIE-Int is (IIRC) based on the design for Vader's TIE, isn't it?  I
predict it won't be long befor esomeone presents us with a UCS "Vader's TIE".

Okay, my memory from my many, many days of playing "Tie Fighter" on the PC was
a little shaky, so I had to look it up on some websites.  (But it was fun).

Vader's Tie was a "prototype" of sorts for what become the Tie Advanced.  The
Interceptor was a completely different ship.  The major differences (so I'm
told :] ) are that the Tie Advanced has shields, warhead launchers, and
hyperdrive, whereas the Interceptor has none of those..., all excluding custom
refits of course which came and went in the original series game.  Vader's
Tie, and thus basically the Tie Advanced, is what is included in the 7150 Tie
Fighter and Y-Wing set.

Something I notice is that both the movie and 7150 seem to indicate Vader's
Tie only had 2 guns, whereas the Tie Advanced has 4, just like the Interceptor.

KDJ

   Kyle D. Jackson
    LUGNETer #203
Windsor, Ontario, Canada