 Star Wars / 6198
Re: CHEWIE & C-3PO REVEALED!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:02:54 GMT

Kyle D. Jackson wrote:
M.Falcon
~~~~~~~~

What is with the little mini-shuttle thing in the port side of the Falcon?

Escape pod.  I thinkt TLC felt they had to put in an 'action' feature or
something, since the MF's escape pods are referred to a total of I think once
in all 3 films, and never shown.

Anyone else notice that Leia is taller than Han, and almost as tall as Chewie?

Female minifigs are taller than male ones.  I think it started back in the
Castle days when women were so rare that men would bring them gifts of good
food and meat to woo them...this better nutrition allowed them to grow taller,
and tall women were also seen as desirable*.  This led to a genetic trend that
obviously continues into the future.  (Er, except SW is in the past. Heck,
there goes my theory.)

* - Note that most castle women, by virtue of the use of a 2x2x2 slope for a
'dress' are actually taller than the men.  Hence my theory.

Someone pointed out the computer display being that of the "trench" scene from
ANH.  I don't remember there being any Tie Interceptors in there.  Well, looky
that, there's my excuse to watch it again!

Well, the TIE-Int is (IIRC) based on the design for Vader's TIE, isn't it?  I
predict it won't be long befor esomeone presents us with a UCS "Vader's TIE".

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m