 Star Wars / 6193
Re: CHEWIE & C-3PO REVEALED!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 02:43:41 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Kevin Knoot writes:
Check it out at rebelscum.com here: http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2000.asp

And very well done, if I say so myself!  Also, check out the interior of the
Falcon, and it looks like the MTT comes with a half dozen battledroids!

Trying out my eye for detail...

M.Falcon
~~~~~~~~

What is with the little mini-shuttle thing in the port side of the Falcon?

I also noticed there's a cargo bay on the front of the ship, in the cavity in
the middle of the "claw".  There are two vertical doors that swing outward to
reveal a bay.  The bay has smooth plates on the floor like the one in the B-
Wing.

Weird looking model, but it *is* a weird looking ship.  I'm pretty happy with
it.  Glad the cardboard cockpit is gone.

Anyone else notice that Leia is taller than Han, and almost as tall as Chewie?

Tie Interceptor
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My gawd that's a beautiful model!

Someone mentioned the use of the mini-fig "harpoon" weapons in the guns.
Anyone notice the minifig *shovels* on the inside of the vertical foils??
Because you just never know when you might get stuck on Dagobah  :]

I like the use of the blue tubes on the edges of the foils.  But what are the
large black plates (about 8x8) with the cross-hatched pattern on them?  I
count at least 10..., have these been around before?

Someone pointed out the computer display being that of the "trench" scene from
ANH.  I don't remember there being any Tie Interceptors in there.  Well, looky
that, there's my excuse to watch it again!  :]  Guess it doesn't *have* to be
from a movie scene..., could be, like, from a training exercise.  Quite the
intriguing exercise tho, since with the cockpit closed and the computer
display in position in front of the pilot, the view suggests that the ship is
actually flying "upsidedown" along the trench...  (yeah, yeah, I know, what's
considered "up"...)

The aircraft displays are a cute touch..., artificial horizon indicator, radio
mic...

UCS X-Wing
~~~~~~~~~~

<Drooool!>

Why are parts of the laser guns on the port side tan, but they are completely
grey on the starboard side?

Also, the top starboard laser "barrel" appears to have a ridged hose aloing
it, whereas the lower one is smooth barrels.  Difficult to see what's on the
port side.

Funky white/printed wing root pieces...

Neat little door/flap thingies below the cockpit sides too..., same as used
for speed brakes on the Snow Speeder.

And the nose appears to have a hinge in it (white).  Wonder what's inside when
it swings open??

I wonder if the cargo bay under the cockpit (as in the movies) opens?  It
looks like it does, since that piece in the model appears to be upsidedown and
not attached to anything.

Neato!  They put some classic 1x4x2 fences in the wings/foils, only in grey!

Nice grey 2x2x2 cylinder pieces in the engines.  Cool dark-grey nozzles at the
ends too.

There's some minifig "handlebars" in the area behind the cockpit.

Great canopy!  Time for a home-made UCS Snow Speeder!  :]

Cool structure:  check out the 13-stud-looong transition along the cockpit
from an 8-wide hull to a 6-wide hull.  Looks like some neat multi-layered
construction??

Wow..., that's enough staring for one night..., wanna buy, wanna buy!!  :]

KDJ.

   Kyle D. Jackson
    LUGNETer #203
Windsor, Ontario, Canada