 Star Wars / 6037
Re: Custom Hoth Luke
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:53:17 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, James Simpson writes:
<snip>

Bryan:

Welcome to the dialogue!  I was looking at one of my Jar Jar figures last
night, and a thought/question struck me: Are Jar Jar's hands the only
non-yellow flesh- color hands that have been produced?  As far as I know, they
are.  Anyone?

I guess it depends what you consider flesh colored.  (If I knew anyone that was
as yellow as LEGO yellow I would consider them very sick).  Anyway we do have
the Brown hands from the Naboo Soldier in the Flash Speeder.  I would consider
that as flesh colored as anything.

On another note, I'd like to express the same sentiment that has been offered
around Lugnet that we have far too many Jar Jar characters.  However, I'm much
more satisfied with this fig if I imagine that it is a general Gungan, instead
of Jar Jar.  (I rather like the average Gungan warrior.)

I don't think many people had problems with the "general Gungan" but Jar Jar
was a bafoon and the TLC went and did an awful job creating a head for him.
About the only thing I find worse in the LEGO SW line is probably the Sebulba
fig/character/waste of ABS.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/