 Star Wars / 5425
5424  |  5426
Subject:
Not surprised or disappointed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:24:48 GMT

While it is a shame we won't see the original Trilogy on DVD anytime soon, I
could care less about the Phantom Menace.  I thought the film was a total
letdown character, story, and mythology-wise, and really don't care if I
ever see it again.

As others have already pointed out, Lucas has so much money now I'm sure he
really doesn't care what the older fans think.  He knows that Star Wars will
always sell to the kiddies and those adults who have an appreciation for
more cerebral themes in his movies will just have to lump it.

Dave