 Star Wars / 5376
Re: EP1 DVD and VHS release news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:15:38 GMT

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:52:21 GMT, "Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org>
wrote:

I found this article today about the release of EP1 on DVD and VHS (Mostly
DVD).  For DVD owners like myself don't hold your breath Lucas is prepared to
completly miss the boat on this one.

Here is the article.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/eo/20000109/en/20000109043.html

I think Mr. Lucas needs to wake up and remember where his bread is buttered.
The fans are his most important resource and he seems to have smacked them in
the face once again.

Lucas doesn't need the money.  He's doing things _his_ way, and as
much as it ticks me off to not be able to get any of the SW movies on
DVD, we're just going to have to live with it.

I read that he funded Phantom Menace out of his own pocket and that
Fox didn't get a dime from the box-office sales, just a distro fee.
You think someone that can do that is concerned about a few more
dozens/hundreds of millions from DVD sales?

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/