 Star Wars / 5371
    EP1 DVD and VHS release news —Eric Kingsley
   I found this article today about the release of EP1 on DVD and VHS (Mostly DVD). For DVD owners like myself don't hold your breath Lucas is prepared to completly miss the boat on this one. Here is the article. (URL) think Mr. Lucas needs to wake up (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: EP1 DVD and VHS release news —James Brown
     (...) Given the huge amount of money EP1 has already made, Mr. Lucas has more than enough butter on his bread already. ;) James (URL) also wants SW on DVD, but is under no illusions that Lucas cares about the fan base) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: EP1 DVD and VHS release news —Mike Stanley
     (...) Lucas doesn't need the money. He's doing things _his_ way, and as much as it ticks me off to not be able to get any of the SW movies on DVD, we're just going to have to live with it. I read that he funded Phantom Menace out of his own pocket (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: EP1 DVD and VHS release news —Jonathan Wilson
     Basicly it is simple. To make a dvd there is a lot of work to be done, especially to add the extra bits that dvd disks have got to have. Would you rarther he make a dvd of ep1 or work on ep2? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: EP1 DVD and VHS release news —Mike Stanley
     (...) Trick question. I'm not too keen on getting ep1 on DVD (other than to have the complete series) since it basically sucked. Then again, maybe if taking a break from working on ep2 to work on a "making of" and some other features for an ep1 DVD (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Not surprised or disappointed —David Simmons
   While it is a shame we won't see the original Trilogy on DVD anytime soon, I could care less about the Phantom Menace. I thought the film was a total letdown character, story, and mythology-wise, and really don't care if I ever see it again. As (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Not surprised or disappointed —Scott Edward Sanburn
     (...) The above statement almost sounds like LC vision for Town Junior and AFOL'S. Maybe we need a adult AFOSW too! Scott S. (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Not surprised or disappointed —Jonathan Little
   (...) Well as much of a letdown as TPM was when compared to the original trilogy, I saw on a special last night that it was the top film of the year in ticket sales and is in the number two spot all time behind that movie with the big ship. Although (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Not surprised or disappointed —Ed T. Toton III
   (...) Really? It was well publicized... Each week they would announce how far up the list it had gotten, and people were taking bets on whether or not it would out-do Titanic... :) -- -Bones- = (URL) = NecroBones Enterprises Jonathan Little wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)