 Star Wars / 4838
  Reason for no stormtroopers

Here are my thoughts on the reason for no storm troopers. Blasters. stormtroopers are about the only starwars fig that would need a blaster. Tlg has not made blasters for various reasons disscussed alredy on this group. therefore they cant make (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reason for no stormtroopers

Jonathan Wilson wrote in message <385039D1.90EBFC1D@x...il.com>... (...) And the STAP Troopers? They come with blasters that have a trans orange cone for the "laser" being shot out of them. (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reason for no stormtroopers

(...) Yes but those are not "guns" as such, they are just a few parts put together to represent a gun. a blaster would have to look like a gun. I even read that the blasters were based on a real gun. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

Jonathan Wilson wrote in message <38505468.DECD3DB1@x...il.com>... (...) together (...) What indication do you have that they would be required to mold "special" guns for Stormtroopers? If this was a requirement, we would have seen them already. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reason for no stormtroopers

(...) Let me see if I can clear this up a little, I think what Jon is saying is that it would be nice to see TLC make an actual storm Trooper Baster, rather than rigging up some megaphone or whatever. Scott S. (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reason for no stormtroopers

All this mention of blasters for stormtroopers and no mention of poor Han. I don't recall him using any weapon outside of the occasional time he grabbed Luke's light saber. I can't wait to see what they do with him in the Falcon. In the desert skiff (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reason for no stormtroopers

(...) grabbed (...) He's takes out Greedo and a buncha Storm Troopers throughout the three movies. Well, he takes out Greedo once. :) They'd BETTER make a Cantina set with hundreds of cool minifigs :) Anyway, with our luck, Han will come with a (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reason for no stormtroopers

(...) Heat and stretch the drill? -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reason for no stormtroopers

(...) The Hoth Rebel soldier already has a blaster rifle. They used the old Space camera/gun/whatever piece. I don't see why they couldn't/wouldn't do the same for the Stormtroopers... J (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reason for no stormtroopers

(...) o.k. mabie you are right. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reason for no stormtroopers

(...) Memo to TLC: If your reluctance to produce blasters is indeed making you reluctant to produce Stormtroopers, then I say to you: Be troubled no longer. If you put out a Stormtrooper pack that had them carrying brooms, wrenches, walkie-talkies, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reason for no stormtroopers

(...) there's (...) You don't have to mutilate it. A 1x1 round brick will attach to it either way, and makes a pretty cool blaster (if kinda big). eric (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reason for no stormtroopers

(...) Cool! That worksd pretty well, as does a 1x1 cone. For anyone who didn;t understand this, take a drill from one of those tool sprues, and stick the drilling end into the top of a 1x1 round brick or cone. --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reason for no stormtroopers

(...) Or the bottom, at least of the 1x1 round. Personally, put the end of the drill in the top for a "sawed off rifle" look (like Boba Fett's gun) and in the bottom for a "honkin' big pistol" look. eric (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

Scott E. Sanburn wrote in message <38505694.C747F556@c...eb.net>... (...) I feel the same way. It would be nice if they did that, but chances are that they won't. His original post stated that it was the reason behind not releasing Stormtroopers, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reason for no stormtroopers

(...) The Droid Blasters have a barrel that lights up as a bolt is being fired. (See any toy store for the sound effect, light up toy) I belive that is what the cone is representing even though it should be RED. Just like Vaders's Tie should have (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)