 Star Wars / 464
Re: Odd taxonomy question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:28:53 GMT

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999 05:55:12 GMT, Beaker <beaker@havoc.gtf.org> wrote:

Also sprach Allen Carley:
: The red one was R5-D4 and the 'Encyclopedia of Star Wars' claims
: R2-D2 persuaded it to blow its own motivator so that he could stay
: with C3-P0.  Now, this in some way helps support my arguments that
: not only was R2 a jedi, but partially controlling our favorite
: whiner, Luke.

What a fascinating theory!  R2 was a Jedi ... hmmm ... certainly
possible, considering the amount of time he spent with Jedi masters ...
but then why didn't Ben recognise him in episode 4?

Because he knew R2 was undercover.

Or maybe Ben was a closet anti-droid fanatic.

obLegoSW: the presence of 3 different Lukes in the SW sets seems to
indicate that (a) the rebels won the Clone Wars, and (b) Luke was the
result.

BTW, has there been more canonical information released about the Clone
War(s)?  There're enough references to it in episodes IV-VI (ooo, roman
numeral palindromes), but no details.

Are episodes I-III going to be set in the time of the Clone War(s)?

Maybe Lucas included allusions to CW as a comment on inferior building
toys competing with the better originals.

Are stormtroopers clones?  They all sound alike.  They go to the same
tailor.  Apparently, they're all the same height, too ("Aren't you a
little short for a stormtrooper?").  And they all have equal skill in
marksmanship.

Steve
--
Today, I'm happy. *Really* happy.