 Star Wars / 4420
Re: Thoughts on 2000 SW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 22:31:53 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Sean Frantz writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Peter Callaway writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Tom Boucher writes:

Shaun Sullivan <sullis3@mit.edu> wrote in message
Well, after seeing these, and the new helmets in castle, and the artic
accessories, and everything else, I have tentatively committed to
singlehandly upholding the economic growth of the country.

No doubt, any / all extra income will be going to build that scene with the
MTT and all the battle droids.   Then of course you have to go buy a bunch
of gungan things so you can have them actually attacking something.

Shudder.   Trying to fight off spasming.  Very excited about the new sets.
The Model Team X-Wing and TIE Interceptor....man...man...

I'm psyched.  Wanna make my day?  Model Team MF.

I'm happy with the MF.  Just wish there was a C3P0 in there, would be fun to
see how they do it (Gold Minifig or pieces like a skeleton)

Wheeeeeeeee.  Wife's gonna love me...

Mine too. I've shown her the Y2K catalogue, pointing out the cool sets I want
to get (I'm gonna be an Arctic collector now, too. They look excellent!) and
she just rolled her eyes and reminded me that I am WAY over my hobbies budget
this year.

I agree with both sides of the MF argument, whilst it is a mere shadow of the
real thing, what did we expect? A Model Team MF would be cool, but I don't
think it will happen. Looking at the X-Wing and TIE Interceptor, they look
expensive. Imagine how much a MT MF would cost? <faint cry heard eminating
from my wallet> Anyway, I'm inspired to make my own after seeing the couple of
way-cool versions on the net.

Pete Callaway

I wish I had a wife.

Sean Frantz