 Star Wars / 4412
Re: A note about the new SW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:28:57 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Tom Boucher writes:
Episode IV - VI Sets were available in March.

Episode I sets were timed with the May Release.

Tom

D Garcia <swlego@aol.com> wrote in message news:FKyE81.K8H@lugnet.com...

James Simpson wrote in message ...
Any takes on Lego's previous pre-Christmas strategies (bearing in mind • that
SW
is a whole 'nuther ballgame)?

If I remember right, The first wave of SW came out Feb/March time frame • and
were pulled (so it seemed) to be re released to coincide with the • "official"
EP 1 launch.  I don't think they would release the "second season" of SW
sooner than a year after the first.  But then the EP 1 sets are coming out
pretty close together...

I think the confusion here is that Lucas was so heavy handed with the "not
before may2 or you won't get any more to sell" thing that many store managers
refused to put the classic stuff out as well. I remember a post from last year
by a toys r us employee who was trying to convince his manager that the
classic stuff was ok to put out.

Chris