 Star Wars / 4240
Re: Some news, thoughts and questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:37:49 GMT

"Ralph Döring" <doe@gmx.de> writes:

In lugnet.starwars, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
I learned that this was available (some places) in the UK for approx £20
as well.

Was ? not any longer ?

Sorry, I probably spelled out the sentence wrongly.  I meant to say that
someone had bought the set in the UK, and I really don't know anything
more about the availablilty of the set.

I´m not into slizers, but it does have a lot of parts. A lot of small
parts, like the Midstorms R2D2. The parts a packed in 3 numbered
polybags. I can put up some scans if anyone is interested.

I've already seen some scans of the new parts, so that wouldn't be
necessary for my part.  These are the scans I have seen:

    http://www.seacon.nl/yoyodyne/8001_parts.htm

Having looked a second time at the 8001, it does seem to have pretty
many parts.  So the price is probably well justified.

Hey Fredrik, you have a "ö" in your last name like I dö. :o)

Yep, that is because my father is originally from Germany!

BTW, your name really reminds me of a German comic author.  I was going
to look this up before asking you, but I haven't had the time to do so.
Do you know which comic author I'm thinking of?  I seem to have
forgotten his name.

Fredrik
--
http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/