 Star Wars / 4237
4236  |  4238
Subject:
Some news, thoughts and questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:51:09 GMT

After a week offline, I found over 300 posts from LUGNET/StarWars in my email.
So please excuse if I repeat old "news".

The Battledroid is available in Germany for 59.99 DM at all Vedes stores. The
release for the other 2 droids is Feb.2000. I just read it is available in the
UK as well. What about in the US ?
I bought one yesterday. The instructions are more like a book and include
instructions for an ATST and different Battle Droids. Cool design, excellent
model.

I had a quick look at all the new sets. I´m very dissapointed about the Slave-
One. Someone suggested to buy 3 or 4 and build a better scaled one. I´ll stick
to this. Parts are good, scale is ok for being an afoordable toy. But the
cockpit and the wings ? Have a look at Pats model of Slave-One. I think it´s
just a bit bigger and far more advanced, cooler, better build etc

The MTT (ok it´s too small) will have a cool lot of bricks and plates. And
imagine: it comes with a 112 Battle Droids !!!  ;o)

The MilleniumFalcon....(not allowed to say what I think)

The AAT looks great so far. Must wait for "offcial" pictures with better
quality.

The B-wing seems to be the best model in 2000. I like the idea of all the
ground staff and equipment.

I´had a quick view of an ATAT Mindstorms kit. It was featured on a video
display-stand for the new (in Germany) Mindstorms 1.5 set. Of course no
minifig scale and no way to compare it to the awsome models of Dave and Shaun,
but it looked well designed. This will be THE Mindstormskit to have, even if
you´re not into robotics.

"Mindtricks don´t no work on me, only LEGO" - dö

PS For those of you who live in Germany: Vedes and some other toy stores have
reduced the Sith Infiltrator from 79.99DM to 59.99DM.