 Star Wars / 3747
  Close-ups on rebelscum.com

Hello all, I decided to check out www.rebelscum.com this morning, just to see if they had posted any more pics from the new catalog. Unfortunately, they haven't posted any new ones, but they do have three higher-res scans from sections of the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

I agree, with you 100%, that B-Wing is cool looking. Another Naboo canopy and what looks like a new face, torso, and even maybe a helmet?? Looks promising. Oh, I can't wait for Boba Fett, he was my favorite character. Now we just need some STs, then (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

Thanks for pointing this out. Much more info on the B-wing here. I like how the front and back portions of the cockpit rotate around the center part. And the windscreen is on a hing, so it will open nicely. Can someone with an Essential Guide tell (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

(...) A-wing and B-wing pilots had different flightsuits than the X-wings, Y's and snowspeeders. Here's a link to a picture of the original B-wing action figure, which I imagine the LEGO version would look similar to. (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

Nice call! And thanks for the link. I was thinking that looked like a chin guard, but couldn't imagine another SW helmet being made by TLG. Must have been a Lucas thing (or another reason to buy TLG's B-wing). -John Van Christopher Tracey (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

(...) B-wing. (...) Thanks alot for this. The pilot looks extremely cool although I don't know about the B-Wing. To me the engines are to blocky and the lower wing should be longer and thicker. The front of the canopy is extremely close to the one (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

(...) I don't have the Essential Guide, but here's something off of the Star Wars web site. (URL)The engine portion of the B-wing seems uninspiring to me, but at least they (...) I e-mailed Philip at rebelscum and asked if it would be possible to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

(...) sacrifices have to be made by TLG in terms of keeping piece count low, instructions not-too-complex, and so on. (...) well. (...) Yeah, he does seem to be an accurate B-Wing Pilot. That's something I had written off a while ago... I had (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

(...) TLG *might* be able to get away with a regular town/space helmet with a paint job. It doesn't look like that's what they did, but you never know. eric (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

(...) theirs is thicker by 1 plate, and it has a hinge in the front. But then again, you could modify yours slightly to do this by using the grey double-wedge piece instead of the two side-sloped pieces, which allows room for the 1x2 hinge on the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

(...) theirs is thicker by 1 plate, and it has a hinge in the front. But then again, you could modify yours slightly to do this by using the grey double-wedge piece instead of the two side-sloped pieces, which allows room for the 1x2 hinge on the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

(...) Even though it's TLG's official ones that win the 'best *original* creations' at independant building contests! ;P DaveE (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

(...) Stupid me. (*Sigh*) I posted this in the other thread without checking here first: Rebelscum added some enlargements: < (URL) > < (URL) > < (URL) > My thoughts: - Han's parts will really work well as 'generic' minifig parts, in my collection (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

(...) True enough although I think a little more complexity would not hurt. I mean my 5 year old nephiew can put together the 8 - 10 models fairly easily. I think TLG need to up their standards a bit. (...) NNOOOOOoooooo!!! Must Have Stormtrooper... (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

Well, upon closer examination, it appears that boba fett's backpack is actually attached to his helmet. Look closely and you'll see this, it's similar to the sword holders attached to the ninja cowls in the ninja theme. I hope i'm mistaken, but you (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

(...) Oh, gosh. I have to admit it does, but I hope it's not. eric (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

(...) (URL) Looking at this picture, it looks to me like LEGO Boba Fett helmet is set up a lot like the Speederbike Troopers, the eyes being a black visor. It also looks like a notch goes down the front lower half of the helmet. You can see the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

I can't imagine another rebel pilot helmet from TLG either, but it didn't really look like the town/space helmet. A new helmet would be cool though. Ryan ***...*** REPLY SEPARATOR ***...*** (...) chin (...) have (...) Y's and (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

Why do we have to wait til E 2 or 3?? We already know what he looks like. If you think we'll se his face, I wouldn't be so sure. Ryan ***...*** REPLY SEPARATOR ***...*** (...) it's (...) theme. (...) up into (...) up a (...) looks (...) the (...) if (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com

(...) contract, Uh, that should be 9 years. TLG and Lucas had an agreement through all of the new movies, so if the release dates are correct, it would be a 9 year contract. But if they want to release E2 and E3 within the next 4 years that would be (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)