 Star Wars / 3767
Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 18:20:08 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Hoornbeek writes:
Hello all,
I decided to check out www.rebelscum.com this morning, just to see if they had
posted any more pics from the new catalog.  Unfortunately, they haven't posted
any new ones, but they do have three higher-res scans from sections of the
original picture.  The close-up I found the most interesting was of the
B-wing.  Check them out and see for your self!

Joel

Stupid me.  (*Sigh*)  I posted this in the other thread without checking here
first:

Rebelscum added some enlargements:
< http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/legobwing.jpg >
< http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/legohan.jpg >
< http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/legoboba.jpg >

My thoughts:
- Han's parts will really work well as 'generic' minifig parts, in my
collection at least.

- Boba Fett's helmet is pretty cool, and he has a new backpack!  Yay!!

- I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I'm disapointed by the B-wing.
I think mine is at least ten times better.  My reasons:
  A.  TLG's one is too small (I think)
  B.  The gunpod on the end of the main wing is terrible!  There is no pod!
  C.  The secondary wing emplacements are too large, and they're ugly!
On the other hand, it looks like it'll have good parts (Trans-Dark Gray A-wing
canopy!!  WooHoo!).  The minifig could be cool, too.

Jeff
"Sheena, get in the glowing green square."