 Star Wars / 3765
Re: Close-ups on rebelscum.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 18:09:32 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes:
Thanks alot for this.  The pilot looks extremely cool although I don't know
about the B-Wing.  To me the engines are to blocky and the lower wing should
be longer and thicker.  The front of the canopy is extremely close to the one
on my B-Wing but otherwise I think I will be sticking with my version.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/starwars/vehicles/index.htm

Yeah, it looks like the only difference in the front cockpit design is that
theirs is thicker by 1 plate, and it has a hinge in the front. But then again,
you could modify yours slightly to do this by using the grey double-wedge piece
instead of the two side-sloped pieces, which allows room for the 1x2 hinge on
the nose... But as I found out earlier, it seems this piece was only released
in 1 set in gray (and now I have 9 of 'em!) so it's not an easy piece to come
by... Otherwise, your cockpit and theirs are identical-- same canopy, same
underside, same siding, etc...

But otherwise, yeah, I think I like your version better... the bottom fin is
just too flimsy looking on their model-- and their engine looks a lot wider
than yours does.. a bit TOO wide if you ask me...

It does look like we might get some new tiles and guns with the B-Wing as
well. Still looks like a good set for parts like the other SW sets so I will
defenitly be getting some.  Especially for that pilot with the cool helmet!!!

One cool thing about having SW as a theme is that we can actually build
something before TLG and then compare it instead of the other way around.

Very true... in some ways I guess that can be disappointing when we see what
TLG 'could' have done to improve their stuff (without any new Jr.-ized pieces
no less!).. it probably gives us higher expectations than in other themes...
but it is certainly cool, nonetheless!

DaveE