 Star Wars / 3623
    Re: Episode II —David Eaton
   (...) I heard that DiCaprio turned it down (thankfully) However, he turned it down because it was a 'stupid role'. Supposedly he thought it was too cheesy or sappy or something, and didn't want the role. That gets me worried.... if it's too sappy (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Episode II —Ryan Dennett
   (...) role. That (...) suck (...) help (...) No, I disagree, DiCraprio is just a snob. I don't care why he doesn't get the role, I just don't want him to get it. Ryan "Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Episode II —David Eaton
   (...) Yeah, I'm mainly just thankful he didn't get the role. My guess is that the quote I heard is more or less wrong, though. Not insofar as he might have actually said it, but that his "real" reason for turning down the movie is that Episode I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Episode II —Greg Majewski
     In lugnet.starwars, David Eaton writes: I wouldn't want him to be in it either, but if Episode II is the one where Anakin falls into a volcano, I might not mind watching it if he does play Anakin. (Hoping that makes a little sense :) Greg "I wonder (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Episode II —Toki Barron
    (...) There might be another reason DiCaprio doesn't want to sign for 2 movies. The salary probably would not be negotiable, and presumably he will be paid much more for movies in 3 years (i.e. EP 3) than movies today. Toki (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Episode II —Scott P. Costello
   I am not sure where these rumors of Leo turning down Episode II came from, everything I am reading indicates that quite the opposite has taken place. Leo was invited to a private screening or The Phantom Menace at Lucas's Skywalker ranch, and (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.starwars)