 Star Wars / 321
  Re: LIC SW info

(...) I know. The X-wing set gives you so much more than like-priced action figure sets. (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LIC SW info

You bet, Maybe I misread the price tag, but it looked like the traditional x- wing fighter was priced at $49.99 at TRU the other day. Wow, what a rip off. The Lego X-wing is way better. (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LIC SW info

(...) Speaking of Artoo, what's up with that extra ring of white between his hemispherical head and his cylindrical body...? There shouldn't be more than 1/2 mm. of vertical whitespace there, and they've got at least 5 mm. 100 x :-( If there is a (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LIC SW info

(...) I'd noticed that earlier - it even looks like his* head is one piece, correctly curved & proportioned & everything, which they could have just gone right on painting down to the edge rather than truncating everything to the top half as they (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LIC SW info

(...) Maybe it's an artifact of the screen-printing process. From your description (I haven't look at the catalog scans lately), it sounds like TLG decorated R2's head by holding the 'head' sideways and applying the design: __ Screen / | Print -> | (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LIC SW info

(...) well, he does have a pretty phallic device for interfacing with other computers. I'd say that makes him about as male as a robot is likely to get. C3PO's gender, on the other hand, is still up for debate. -Josh (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LIC SW info

(...) It sounds like a good guess to me. Given the limitations you point out though, I would have probably chosen to get at least the front of the head right, and maybe made the part in gray rather than white to make up for the back being blank & to (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LIC SW info

(...) Plus, he has that '3rd locomotion ...erm... thingy', so if anything, he's over-endowed. Steve (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LIC SW info

(...) Too bad I'm wrong. Well, I *hope* I'm wrong. They have to be able to get R2's face on straight! The head piece has cutouts in the bottom for studs, so it can't rotate. That means if they can't screen print in the correct location, R2 will be (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LIC SW info

(...) the (...) I just realized the answer to this dilemma is staring me in the face. On top of my computer sits sets no 6709, an Indian on a horse with a headdress(1) The headdress is quite a complicated shape (lots of curvy feathers) but it has (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LIC SW info

Scott Symer wrote in message ... (...) to (...) My theory is that because the verticle cylinder has cuttouts for studs, if they printed on the cylinder, sections would be missing where the cuttouts occur. This might remove an important sensor, (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LIC SW info

(...) I might be misremembering, but isn't he referred to as male in the movies? I can't recall anything specific excep Luke calling R2 'little guy'...wait. C3P0, when they're offloading a shot-up R2 from the X-wing: 'You /must/ save him. If any of (...) (26 years ago, 9-Jan-99, to lugnet.starwars)